New Department
At the beginning of March Caleb got exciting new about what he gets to teach next at the Nuclear Power School. Caleb has been doing such an amazing job teaching enlisted physics. The class he teaches has one of the highest averages out of the physics department and out of the two tests the physics students have taken so far Caleb class has only had one student fail. On average each class has at least 3 failures each test. Because he has been doing such a great job one of the departments on the officer’s deck asked him to come and teach the officers as his next assigned department. Normally to get on the officers deck you have had to have taught the subject before on the enlisted side or have a graduate degree, which Caleb has done neither of those things. He will begin teaching on the officers deck in January. We are excited for him!
First Hair Cut
Valerie had her first hair cut this month. I finally broke down. I have been holding off for a long time. Her hair finally got to the point where it looked like a mullet and was hard to make it look nice/cute. She was so good when it was getting cut. All she did was look at herself in the mirror smile and make funny faces : )
New Car

We finally bought another car. I am no longer a captive in my own home!!! It is a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, and I love it.

We had lots of fun at the Charleston Aquarium. Valerie loved seeing all the fish and other animals that they had on display. One of our favorite things was the touch pool. They had sting rays, horse shoe crabs, sea urchin, and star fish you could touch. Valerie’s favorite thing to touch was the sea urchin and watch the hermit crabs crawl around.
We had lots of fun this Easter. Saturday before Easter we had fun dying eggs and then watching Valerie find the eggs the Easter Bunny hid for her. I thought dying eggs would be a bigger mess then what it was. The only miss hap we had was Caleb was the one to spill the dye on the ground. Who would have thunk it was going to be Daddy that made them mess and not the almost 2 year old. HaHaHa. Easter Sunday was nice. Valerie got all dolled up in the dress Aunt Sarah made her, and if I can say so I think Val looks darn cute. That evening we had friends from Caleb’s work come over. I made Easter dinner and had fun talking, eating and watching the kids have fun.
When I came back from getting the laundry this is how I found Valerie. She was playing with the Rubik cube saying out loud what the colors were. She is a nerd in training. Her dad will be proud.



2 comments:
Aww you guys! We miss you! Valerie is getting so big and cute! Have fun in Seattle!
Oh my goodness! She has so much more hair! She's gorgeous! I'm so sad I wasn't able to see her :(
Post a Comment