Whoo! What a whirlwind of a past few weeks, especially these past few days. Valerie has had the croup and there were a few scary moments. A few times Caleb and I thought we might have to take her to the ER because she was gasping for air and couldn’t get any. Other than that, the month of February was a lot of traveling and fun for our family. The first week in February Caleb went to New York, New York to visit his two best friends and watch the Super Bowl. I don’t think these boys have missed watching a Super Bowl together since they were in grade school (except when they were on their missions). A week after Caleb came home Valerie and I went to Rochester to visit my family for 10 days. It was cold but it was fun. Valerie especially had lots of fun playing with her uncle’s Phillip and David, and my cousin Jenna. Valerie fell in love with Jenna. The entire time we were there Valerie was Jenna’s little shadow doing everything, or trying to day everything Jenna was doing. It was so cute! We did lots of things. One day we went to a Mennonite store. I had lots of fun there and came home with tons of spices and other really cool/interesting thing for cheap. I even brought home 3 lbs of real maple syrup for Caleb. It only cost us $15. . . what a steal! Another day we went to the mall and rode the beautiful 2 story carousel and found tons of steals. One store was having a 75% off sale on their clothes. Needless to say I got lots of steals there for Valerie and I. We then went and spent a few day’s with my Auntie Marion and her family in Scranton , PA. Yes I said Scranton. If you are an “Office” fan this is the place it takes place in, even though none of the places you see in the show are from Scranton. While we were there I got to ride in my Auntie Marion’s Smart car. It was so cute and little, but very zippy at the same time. Once back in Rochester we went to a Children’s museum and a pet store that had tons of interesting and weird animals. We also went through a car wash. It was no big deal until we remembered it was Valerie's first time! Poor little girl. Needless to say she survived it and we had a blast visiting our family but were glad to get home to the nice warm weather.

Valerie and Jenna. Valerie is wearing a dress my mom and I found at the 75% sale and got it for a steal!
Me in the Smart Car. Isn't it cute?!
Jenna and Valerie on the beautiful 2 story carousel
Valerie and GramE
Valerie, Jenna, David, and Phillip on their way to the Museum.

Phillip, Valerie, and David in the Dizzy Room. The room was put just at the right slant that when you walked through it it made you feel dizzy and that you were going to fall down. It was crazy!
David, Jenna and Valerie Reading a book.
Valerie and Jenna shopping in the Children's Museum.
Valeries First Car Wash :) Taken on my cell phone.




3 comments:
Sounds like you had fun!
Sabine just went through her first car wash. The sad part was, before we drove in, she was asleep. She looked just like your Valerie.
We loved having you here. Valerie is such a joy and Jenna misses her! We really enjoyed the car wash video!!
For a second there I was excited and thinking you'd purchased a SmartCar. You really need to post pictures of your new car!
Poor Val and the Big Car Wash. Give her another year and she'll love them :)
Post a Comment