Monday, October 24, 2011

Julia Lorette Tracy

She is here!  So far she has been the most perfect baby. In fact she has been the best baby out of my three so far.  Valerie loves her and is always doting on her.  Henry hasn't shown much interest in her yet but he had enjoyed being my helper.  He does a great job toting and fetching things I need for her.

So here are her birth stats:

Born: 10-04-2011 @ 2:17pm
Weight: 7 lb 02 oz
Length: 19 inches
Dark hair! (my other 2 were blond from the get go)
She has very long fingers and toes.  Poor little thing gets that feature from me :o)




For those of you who want to know her birth story here it is, and those of you who don't care, you are more than welcome to skip this part.

I went into the hospital Oct 4th to be induced.  Due to my heart and extremely fast labors and that I was already progressing, inducement seemed to be the best and safest option for us.  I was admitted at the bright and early time of 6am. About 8ish in the morning my Dr came in checked me and noticed that the little stinker had pushed herself as far up as she could.  So instead of breaking my water like was planed, I had to be put on pitocin to try to get her lower.  I had contractions but nothing strong and regular.  Luckily for me when they came in at noon Julia had dropped low enough they decided it was ok to brake my water. Once my water breaks my labors are extremely fast! About 1 hour after my water broke I got my epidural.  After my epidural was in place the nurse checked me and at the time I was 5 cm. For the next 15 min they keept a watchful eye on me because at about this point during my labor with Henry my blood pressure plummeted and I passed out.  Guess what, I started to do that again with Julia. The nurse had to eventually give me a small dose of epinephrine.  Shortly after, Julia's heart rate started dropping because the contractions were so strong.  They put me on oxygen. Once every thing was stable the nurse left. No joke about a minute after the nurse left I felt this intense pressure and burning even with my epidural. I told Caleb to call the nurse.  The nurse came in checked me, than looked at me with panicked eyes and told me I had progressed from 5cm to complete and the baby crowning in about 5 min.  She yelled out the door for my Dr.  Luckily for me my Dr was just around the corner. The nurse and the Dr were frantically trying to get everything ready.  Before we knew it the Dr had one hand on Julia's head trying to keep her from falling out while she tried to get gloves on.  My poor Dr ended up delivering Julia bare handed and with out any protective gear on. My body pretty much pushed her out with out me pushing. I only had to push once. Soon after Julia was born nursery came in.  She was born so fast they were not able to get her first apgar score on her.  Labor and delivery this time around was so fast I really didn't even feel like I had had a baby.  We were doing so well that 24 hours after she was born we were released to come home.   Since then we have been doing really well and have been enjoying family and friends visiting.

2 comments:

Asherbie said...

So happy all went well. Congratulations! She's darling

Brooke and Brighton said...

Congratulations on the new little one! She looks beautiful. I am glad you are doing well and that everything went well.