Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Well Needed Catch Up

Boy I really need to work on keeping my blog up to date, sorry ya'll!  We as the Tracy's have had a nice slow end of the summer season. Probably slower and longer for me than anyone else.  We haven't really done anything out of the extra ordinary, but still that isn't an excuse for my lack of blogging.  So for your reading pleasure I will be giving a little synopsis of each person in our family.  Here it goes. . .

Valerie- She is amazing us with how much she learns and remembers each day!  She now can pretty much write all her letters in capital form, and she can write her entire name.  She is now trying to learn how to write her numbers and is working on adding.  One of her favorite games right now is to ask me to give her two numbers to add together.  It is really cute to see her use her fingers to figure the problems out.  She is trying to read.  She can figure out and recognize some words, but we are a ways away before she can read a story to herself.  Her two favorite things to do right now is to tell silly Knock, Knock jokes, and to dress up like a princess.  She is also quite the witty one.  I can't tell you how many times she surprises me with the quick witty things she says.


Henry- Oh Henry boy, that is all I have to say. Just joking.  Henry gives Caleb and I a run for our money.  He is such the active little boy.  He is into everything and knows how to unlock any baby proofing we have.  My mom found a saying on a t-shirt that explains Henry to a "T".  It says "Mischief is my business, and business is good".  Here are a few things he had done in the past few weeks. . .  colored on my bedroom walls with deodorant, and then about a week later colored a lovely mural on my wall with a pretty green pencil.  He some how figured out how to open up the guest room closest and got into my craft paints and painted a small portion of the carpet a pretty shade of yellow.  Umm what else, oh he got into the charcoal for the BBQ and painted himself and the side of the house in charcoal dust.  Other than his curious self he is a sweet and loving little boy.  He loves to sit on my lap, and help me cook.  He is starting to learn his colors, and he is amazing at puzzles and other critical thinking tasks.  We are still working really hard on his speaking skills.  He is getting better each day.


Caleb- Caleb who? That is what it seems sometimes.  That poor guy works himself to the ground. He is still Elders Quorum President, is now the division director over the enlisted math department at the Naval Power School ( He is in charge of all the instructors that teach math.  I think there are 14 people that he is in charge of.), and he is taking 2 classes for his masters right now.  Thankfully after this semester he only has one class left before he graduates from Penn State with his masters in nuclear engineering, WoWo!



Lorette- All I can say is I have done lots of sewing and embroidery work to help pass the time before this little girl comes. I have made valances for my great room, made and embroidered decritive pillows for my bed, made a car seat cover and added heirloom decorative stitches to it, and I made a diaper bag.  I also have done lots of other craft projects for Henry's room.  My hope is to have his room done before Julia comes.  As of right now I only have 3 weeks left until my due date.  I haven't made it to my due date with my past two so I am hoping it is the same with this little girl.  So far it is looking like she will come before her due date, but I am not going to hold my breath.  Oh how could I forget this past month I celebrated my birthday.  We celebrated by going to dinner as a family.  We went to a Mexican restaurant I had a really good coupon to.  Lets just say Caleb and I were grateful for that coupon.  The food was HORRIBLE!!!! Lucky for us we didn't end up paying more than we would have eating out at Taco Bell.  We then came home and ate delicious German Chocolate with vanilla bean ice cream.



Well that is all I have folks for right now.  The next post will probably be about baby Julia!!!!!

No comments: