Monday, July 18, 2011

Diaper Bag

    I had to post this because I am really surprised and happy with how this project turned out.  This project began because I have always wanted a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag, but I just cant bring myself to spend $150 on a diaper bag. Here was my compromise. I found fabric that I liked and a tutorial online of a bag I liked and I made my own.
      
    I sewed away every night and during quiet time for the next 4 day's. The outside has two pockets in the front and one big pocket in the back.  The inside I decided to have one half with elastic pockets for baby things and the other side with non-elastic pockets for my things. I am pretty proud of myself because it turned out so well and most of all I only had to rip one set of stitches! Not bad for following a tutorial off the web and not having a pattern.   Next project is to recover the car seat.  Wish me luck!



  


Here is the link http://www.warehousefabricsinc​.com/blog/diaper-bag-with-a-di​vider/ As a warning this project isn't for the faint of heart. This is very much more of an advance sewing project. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

Lorette that is awesome!! Love it!

Monica said...

good for you! that's impressive!

Emily said...

Cute Lorrette! You should make One for me when I get prego again since you are the crafty wOman! Just sayin :)