Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh My, How Time Flies By

I never believed my mom especially when I was younger that time moves by faster and faster the older you get. I hate to admit it but she was right.  It feels like Henry was born yesterday and Christmas is still to come.  As we know Christmas was a month ago which then means Henry is now 7 weeks old! So much has happened in those 7 weeks.  Both Henry and Valerie have grown so much.  We all had RSV, even our poor Henry got it. He was only 5 weeks old!  That was a scary moment in time for us.  Through lots of prayer and a priesthood blessing, Henry healed incredibly fast and managed to stay out of the hospital.  As for everything else that happened the past 5 weeks. . . .

Christmas was so much fun.  My family once again was here.  We had a blast. We all had fun watching Valerie for the first time really understanding Santa and Christmas.  We got lots of fun gifts.  After Christmas I had lots of fun hanging out with my mom and sisters and Valerie loved having constant attention and playmates with her Uncles Phillp and David.  Here is our annual day after Christmas picture at the beach.



On New Years Eve we blessed Henry. It was nice to have it home. Caleb gave Henry a beautiful blessing.  Henry is such a special little boy!



Valerie has been such a big helper and a great big sister.  She is constantly watching out for Henry and also is very protective of him. We hear her all the time saying "I love my brother." and "Ohh, he's so cute!".





As for Henry he is growing like a weed.  He is now smiling, cooing, working on standing and is geting more and more cute with each passing day.

Here he is 1 week old.



Here he is at 6 weeks old.







4 comments:

Janell said...

Why is it a bad thing to admit that your mom was right?

It looks like you had a wonderful past few weeks since Henry was born. Cute cute!

Brent and Jessica said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys have had a great couple of months. Henery is cute!

Alicia and Jose said...

How fun and what cute pictures. Makes me so excited for Maria to be a big sister very soon! Too bad you live so far away our kids are the perfect ages for playdates :-)

Katie said...

I agree with you on how quickly time goes the older we get. He is getting so big and so is Valerie. I remember holding her just after she was born...CRAZY!!