~if you want to see the pictures better click on them and they should get bigger~
As I was looking at our blog I realized there were lots of fun things I never got to blogging about. So thanks to Picasa I was able to collage my pictures into groups and in one post you will be able to see the adventures our family had this summer.
As I was looking at our blog I realized there were lots of fun things I never got to blogging about. So thanks to Picasa I was able to collage my pictures into groups and in one post you will be able to see the adventures our family had this summer.
To begin with, in July we went to see my family in Victor New York. This first set of pictures is us having fun at the local park with my family, my brothers and some of my cousins. Afterwards we went to a mom and pop ice cream shop where my mom and my aunt got Caleb to order a large ice cream cone. Lets just say Caleb’s eyes about popped out of his head when they brought it to him. The ice cream cone was at least 18 inches tall, packed full of ice cream. Wouldn’t you know it Caleb ate it all!!! After ice cream we went with my mom and my brothers to see the Palmyra Temple. Later in the week we went to the Hill Cumorah pageant and the Sacred Grove, but we didn’t take any pictures, sorry :(
While we were still in New York we had lots of fun and lots of firsts. We went to see Niagara Falls, which were my and my moms first time ever seeing the falls. We went to the Rochester Children’s Strong Museum of Play, this was a first for Caleb going to this museum. Don’t let him fool you, he loved playing with Valerie and my little brothers Phillip and David. And last but not least we went to a local amusement park which was a first for Valerie, and she LOVED riding all the rides!
On our way home from Victor we decided to drive down to Kirtland and see some of the church sites. We only spent an afternoon visiting. Caleb and I both have been to Kirtland before but not since the Church rearranged everything. The Church did an amazing job. Everything is much more family and visitor friendly.
Finally here are some of the random happenings we had going on this summer. We got to see caterpillars turn into butterflies. We got to watch and are still watch our pet banana spider build webs, and catch bugs (the spider is as big as my palm!). Valerie had her first smore, and loved every gooey moment. Valerie also decided one day to try and paint her own toe nails with bright hot pink polish. Lets just say she got a bath in nail polish remover, I have pretty pink spots on my carpet, and the master bathroom floor has a beautiful hot pink accent spot! Valerie also had lots of fun mowing the lawn with daddy and playing in the rain. For Labor Day weekend we went to Morris Island Lighthouse and Angel Oak. Angle Oak is a beautiful 1500+ year old oak tree that stands 65 ft tall, measure 9 ft in diameter, and shades with its crown an area of 17,000 square feet. Its longest limb is 89 feet in length. So needless to say it is a massive tree. We had a great summer and hope you did too! Now we are excited for fall and all the fun activities autumn brings.











2 comments:
It looks like you had a great summer!
I'm looking forward to seeing Val's Halloween costume this year ^-^
Great pictures! Hey thanks for your help with the potty training thing. We're doing MUCH better now. I'm sure we'll have more accidents, but she gets it and is making time for it now. Thank you thank you for your time!
Post a Comment