Thursday, December 4, 2008

Honk Honk Beep Beep. . . Crash!!

Tuesday late afternoon I was sitting in my living room trying to figure out what was bugging me about the picture arrangement I just hung up. The more I tried to think about it, the more heavy hearted I got. I thought it was weird to be so distraught over such a silly thing. I then decided to stop and take a quiet minute to think about the way I felt. No more than a minute later I got a call from Caleb. As soon as I picked up I knew something was wrong and this is the reason why I felt so bogged down. Caleb then proceeded to tell me that he had been in an accident and then said he had to go. He then called me a second time to let me know where the car was and told me I needed to pick it up. Every time he called me back he sounded more and more disoriented, and just wasn’t himself. The third time he called he told me because he didn’t feel good ,his neck hurt, and that his head hurt really bad he was going to the emergency room. Later I found out while he was talking to me the EMT’s were putting a neck brace on him and putting him on a back board. Luckily I was able to get a hold of my friend who was able to take me to the car so I could pick it up and then take Valerie to her home while I went to the hospital to get Caleb. When I got to the hospital Caleb was already being discharged. All he had was whip lash and a concussion. Boy did I count my lucky stars and thank my Heavenly Father for listening to my prayers every morning when I ask him to protect Caleb as he drives to and from work.

Apparently what happened was that Caleb was stopped at a stop light when the car behind him (a mid size pick up tuck) wasn’t paying attention and hit him going about 20 ish miles an hour. He was then thrown forward where his seat belt caught him, throwing him backwards causing him to hit his head on the head rest of the seat really hard. As of next Monday our car will be in the shop being fixed, while we get to drive around in a rental. Whoo Whoo!

3 comments:

Marly said...

I'm so sorry! Glad to hear he is ok.

Amateur Steph said...

Oh no! That is no fun. Hope he keeps feeling better.

Sarah said...

Wow! I had the exact same thing happen to me in Provo. Hopefully he feels better soon, getting rear ended messed me up for a long time.