Sunday, November 2, 2008

*Happy Halloween*

So we have had a really busy week. Between Young Mens activities, painting the house, Halloween parties, decorating a Superman birthday cake for a friends son and just life in general I have had barely enough time to breath. We didn't get to carving our pumpkins until last night about 2 hours before trick-o-treating. Valerie was being a girl and didn't want to touch the pumpkin goo, so she made daddy clean out her pumpkin. I don't think he minded. On the other hand she loved helping him carve out the design.


Valerie was a Lady bug this year. I made the tutu and Grandma Tracy got her the Dorothy ruby slippers. I couldn't find the antenna I made for her before we moved, so we decided we would make her a pretty lady bug. I don't think she minded one bit. She loves it when I fix and curl her hair. Probably because I let her watch me fix her hair in the mirror and I let her play with my perfume. I think it turned out pretty good. She loves being pampered. She is 1 1/2 and already prissy. Hummm. . . If you ask Caleb he would probably say she is a lot like her momma. LOL!

Caleb took Valerie out trick-o-treating while I stayed home and answered the door. She was so excited to go that the last picture I took of her before they left she was crying because dad had her trick-o-treat bag and she wasn't trick-o-treating yet. I thought they would only be out for about 30 min. As it turned out she loved it so much that they were out for over an hour! Caleb said by the end she was saying "tick treat" "tank you" and "bu bye" all by herself without any prompting in the right order. When she came home she was so excited to see all the candy. Every time she would find a piece she thought was fun looking she would look up at us and put her mouth in an "O" shape, open her eyes as wide as they could go and start jerk her arms in excitement. Lets just say she had tons of fun!


7 comments:

Asherbie said...

Cute! I can't believe how big Valerie is getting... we need to get our little girls together so they can play. There's a lot about her that reminds me of Megs. Post some pics of the newly painted house when you get a sec! Miss you guys!

Cash Family said...

Oh how cute! Ava was a lady bug too. Must have been a popular choice this year. I bet it was fun now that Valerie can talk and actually go trick or treating. :)

Janell said...

Valerie is is young and already keeping up on the fashionable costumes. I think using Dorthy slippers was uniquely cute! (And extra trend-setting.)

You've captured some great photos here. Thanks for sharing!

Bree said...

She is so cute! I love the tutu. I really am shocked at how big she is. Time goes by so fast.

Amateur Steph said...

She is adorable. It's so fun when they start to understand holidays and get all excited for them.

Kali and JT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kali and JT said...

its official we are going to come and kidnap that munchkin! We miss you guys like crazy!!!Too cute for halloween. Tell caleb he is so lame for not dressing up for trick or treating.