Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello World!

We are still alive!  We have had so much going on so far this year it has been difficult to even catch our breath.  

In the month of January the kids and I did "Be a Tourist in Your Own City".  In the month of January the city of Charleston puts out a promotion were you pay a small fee and you are able to get into tons of hot tourist spots.  Our favorite spot this year was Magnolia Plantation.  Henry and Valerie loved the petting zoo and I loved the house and beautiful gardens. Some of our other favorites this year was the Fire Fighter Museum, and the Swamp gardens.



 Getting this picture was so funny.  We were having the hardest time getting all the kids to look at us at the same time.

In February Caleb tiled our entire kitchen.  It was a big project but I am loving it.




The month of March was a very very busy month for us.  My grandma came to visit for 2 weeks.  She spent most of the time teaching me how to use my embroidery machine.  I love my new machine.  I can design my own designs to embroider, and my machine has lots of other bells an whistles that allow for easier sewing.  Other then learning how to embroider I also learned how to make heirloom garments and how to make smocking!  I am loving all the new things I can sew.  
In March my friend from collage Christen came visited for her spring break.  We had lots of fun catching up on the past few years and visiting Charleston.
Last but not least, in the month of March my sister got married, my youngest brothers (twins) were baptized, and my other sister was able to take her endowments out since she leaving for her mission soon.  So we could be apart of such big happenings we made the long but beautiful drive up to Palmyra New York.  While we were in Palmyra/Victor we had lots of fun visiting with family.  Especially those we hadn't seen for a long time.  Valerie loved playing with her uncles David and Phillip, Henry loved all the attention, and Boomer, my brothers dog.  We were all sad when we had to leave at the end of the week but glad to be home.
  
There are more pictures but I can't get them to upload right now :o(

As of right now we only have 2 big events for our family.  The first one is waiting to see if Caleb will be able to transfer communities in the Navy and get to become a Radiation Heath Officer.  He put in his transfer package at the end of March and we will know if he got picked up in June.  It will be exciting to see if he gets in.  
The second event is a BABY in OCTOBER!!! I am due 10-10-2011.  We all are excited especially Valerie. So far everything has been going pretty well.  I am starting to feel better.  The only kink we have had so far is my heart.  They found a murmur, which is not unheard of in expecting moms but not common, and my palpations I have had since I was little have come back.  When I was pregnant with Valerie it got to the point towards the end of my pregnancy that I would start passing out. But with Henry I really didn't have a problem until labor were I passed out. So since they have come back so soon and so frequently I am seeing a cardiologist who is trying to pin point what it is. 

 So many adventures so far this year.  It will be interesting to see what the rest of the year has in store for us!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I heard you were having a baby, YAYYY!! I hope everything is going well for you all! Congrats!

Alicia and Jose said...

Looks so fun! We'd love to visit your neck of the woods some day, being so rich in southern charm and near the beach. Congrats again on your new addition!

jkl warner said...

YAY!! An update... ;) I've been checking week after week! Sounds like a fun and busy year so far. Nice to hear an update about your side of the family! Hope things continue to go okay with this pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby - exciting! I hope everything goes well!

Asherbie said...

We're so thrilled for you and all your big happenings! I hope things go well and the dr. can get all figured out. You're in our prayers, we miss you guys!